I'm disappointed I didn't find this sooner! So much to love here! The art style is fantastic, the stamina and mana management seem really well balanced and the character abilities are fantastic! There are a few little niggles here and there, but nothing inexcusable for a pre-alpha demo. I'm really excited to follow the development and see where this goes! Definitely not my last jaunt in these dungeons.
A downloadable game for Windows
Goofy Souls is a 2D top-down souls-like with an emphasis on tight controls, fluid combat, as well as roguelike and RPG elements. Currently, you're able to pick from 2 very different characters and attempt to defeat the boss at the end of the level. As you make progress, shortcuts open up which will allow you to avoid redoing content that you've already done.
The game is currently very early in development and I'm looking for feedback and testers. All music and sound effects are place holders.
Follow me on twitter! https://twitter.com/GoofySoulsDev
- Many enemies with unique attacks and deadly skill sets.
- Usable items such as the iconic Estus Flask and plenty more.
- Sneak past enemies or hit them from behind for extra damage.
- Weapons and armor provide you with skills, allowing you to mix and match depending on the situation!
- Chain together light and heavy attacks.
- 1 medium sized level filled with loot and dangerous traps.
- Keyboard and mouse input only at the moment.